(Finishing up and saying “see you later”!)
Today was my last day as a CR Fellow working with BlueMessaging, and I can’t believe it went so fast. I’m frankly ready to work another month or two in Mexico City with this company! But I’m thankful for the time I had to work in this program and am so appreciative of my business unit in NY and E&Y leadership for making this program possible.
I had an amazing experience these last 7 weeks, growing both professionally and personally. The BlueMessaging team was incredible to work with – they have clear goals and a strong vision to meet them. They are open and clear with information and are strongly engaged in improving their operations, making it possible to develop a whole new process and supporting tools in less than 2 months. They also welcomed me immediately into their culture and made sure I experienced all the great things Mexico City can offer.
Professionally, I’ve learned that I can apply my varied skills to address unfamiliar subject areas and industries and to help my clients address a wide range of challenges. Personally, I’ve made several lasting friendships and have become enchanted by this city and all it has to offer (Me encanto Mexico City).
This last week went by extremely quickly with final meetings, events and closing out severable deliverables. Here are some highlights:
- Lunch at Porfirio’s in Polanco with Juan, Silvanna, Ingrid, and Jaime (EY Mexico) after our wrap-up meeting with Anabell as well from Endeavor. The restaurant combined traditional mexican dishes and treats with fancier dishes and amazing service. The biggest surprise – they offered a box of reading glasses to the table in case anyone had trouble reading the menu!
- Having my last Fellows dinner with Rich and Joe on Wednesday in Polanco. They were truly my family here in Mexico and I can’t imagine this experience without them. Joe needs to transfer up to NY so that we all see each other more often!!!
- Last dinner with entrepreneurs, Endeavor and EY and having drinks in Antara after with Juan, Rich and Jaime (First row – me, Silvanna from BM, Carla from Enova, Anabell and Daniella from Endeavor, Rich, Jaime / Back – Juan from BM, Oswaldo from Tuyo)
- Good-bye lunch today with BlueMessaging – my last social Friday!
- Receiving an unexpected, wonderful Thank You from BlueMessaging
Luckily today I only had to say “hasta luego!” to my friends at BlueMessaging (and not Adios) since I have 2 more days this weekend and will be back in Mexico City for 2 days next week after my vacation to Peru.